Monday, December 20, 2010

GRINCHINESS

I finally bound two quilts that are Christmas presents....



 It took me longer than I thought it would but thankfully they are done. The first quilt is one that I started after my first quilt retreat.  I was sitting by Sandy http://textilehouse.blogspot.com/   and she was using the Kate Spain Fandango fabric (as was Jenny in flannel) http://jennygarland.com/author/jenny/....and I was hooked.  I immediately ordered a charm pack when I got home.  I think the Amy Butler looks good with the Fandango colors.

The second quilt is for my 6'6" nephew.  It will not be big enough but it still felt like I was wrestling a bear when I was putting on the binding.

Confession:  I used my machine for both sides of the binding...I know....not the norm but I was in a hurry.  I had them both quilted by a long-arm quilter.


I have to admit that my holiday so far has resembled the portion of "It's a Wonderful Life" where George's discontent is evident....the part where he calls Uncle Billy a "silly, stupid old man," and his impatience with this children is really laughable because it feels so real....
"what do I look like, a dictionary?" 
"why do we have so many kids?"
"why do we live in this stupid town?"

I actually said out loud (three times) to my children and my husband...."I hate Christmas.".......Pathetic, I know...total Grinchiness.......



I am trying to slow down and appreciate the season...appreciate the simple things and let go of all the "other stuff."

I will work on letting go of my Grinchiness over the next week......keep your fingers crossed! :)

For a holiday chuckle, check out this wonderful blog http://oodlesandoodles.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/12/welcome.html

No comments:

Post a Comment