Tuesday, April 12, 2011

IT'S HERE!!!

I received my doll quilt yesterday for the DSQ10 Swap...I love it.  Here are a few photos:

THE QUILT...love the polka dots, the black and red and blue...so vintage looking!

CLOSER VIEW SHOWING THE  VINTAGE SEWING FABRIC SHE USED!

SELVAGE FLOWERS...CUTE!

I LOVE THE QUILTING ON THE BACK!

THE LABEL

OTHER GOODIES....

PINCUSHION MADE WITH VINTAGE HEXIE QUILT
One of the fun features of this swap is that you don't know who is making your quilt.  The other fun factor is the use of "in progress" photos to show your quilt and see if your partner comments.  I nailed this one when I commented on one of her photos  that "this has to be for me!" 

Linda....thank you sooooo much!  I'm taking the quilt to my DMQG meeting on Thursday to show it off!!

2 comments:

  1. Angie, I am so glad you liked it! This was a tough one for me, I wanted to make a vintage block oversized to make it more modern, but use vintage fabrics to it would suit the "cyber you" I stalked. I was seriously panicking when I noticed you saying how much you liked the ubermodern doll quilts, I thought for sure you were going to hate this little quilt. I even waited til the last minute to send it in case I somehow got time to make another quilt, and you could choose-or have both! But that never happened...lol So, Whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did Great!!! Thank you so much. I think we all begin to worry about how our partner will react to the quilt we have made! You worry was definitely unnecessary!

    ReplyDelete