Friday, November 19, 2010

The Underappreciated Crafter

I love vintage things....especially vintage craft things.  Recently, I was in an antique mall (I once had an individual [notice I did not say friend] that said I used the word antique "loosely."  It was "loosely" an antique mall....which does require some digging.  I came across this


It was marked $22.95....of course I bought it.  This is what drew me in:

and this:


and this:

and this:


I got it home and hand washed it...there are no spots or stains and no missing stitches or sequins...it is in really really good shape.  And so, then I looked at it more closely......



For goodness sakes people....DO YOU NOT SEE SANTA AND HIS REINDEER??? Done by satin stitch?

Visions of suger plums dancing in her head??????

Or this?

Look at this sweet patchwork quilt top on her bed??!! and the cat....too cute.


Someone put a lot of time and effort into this sweet little topper.  Obviously this person was an underappreciated crafter in her family.  This goes into my special Christmas "stuff" from now on..... where crafting is appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a find! So wonderful and such good news that it will now be fully appreciated!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete