Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The holidays were a blur....they went by too fast!  Sad to see my daughter head back to school....On the other hand, I do have a few resolutions....Be Less Scattered, Drink Less Diet Coke (!), Exercise More, Eat Healthier....yada yada yada....

I've signed up for quite a few Blocks of the Month and I love Allie's idea of finishing one present a month so that you are not frazzled in December.  Yes, I found myself really pushing to finish binding quilts for presents! 
If you are interested...go to her site and sign up http://allie-oopssweethappylife.blogspot.com/
...it should be fun!

And...as you reflect on your New Year, a post card (yes, I know it is a Christmas Card) to brighten your day:

A beautiful vintage Christmas Card


Umm, I think Clarence is in trouble!

As you can see from the postmark, this was sent December 11, 1909....and Lillie was exercising the sarcasm over 100 years ago.

There are soooo many unanswered questions to this card.  What was wrong with Clarence?  Why didn't he answer?  How did they know each other?  Do you think he understood Lillie's message?  Do you think she was always so sarcastic?  Ahhh, it's mind boggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment